Before You Call an Attorney
How it works?
- Determine what practice area you need an attorney for by searching by keyword or after finding what practice area you need a referral from.
- Search for an attorney with the desired practice area and your zip code.
- Contact the attorney and mention that you found them through the WV State Bar Lawyer Referral Service. The attorney may agree to see you as a client for an initial consultation for a fee of no more than $25 for the first 30 minutes of the consultation.
Tips for working with your attorney:
- Before hiring an attorney, make sure you fully understand what they are going to do for you and why you need their support.
- Keep your lawyer informed of materials received and changes in your situation on a consistent schedule.
- Respond promptly to your attorney’s requests.
- Take notes when speaking to your attorney.
- Discuss how certain decisions will affect your future.